Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day Daddy!

For Father's Day this year we went out in the boat and went tubing and then had a picnic by the lake! Uncle Eric shared his ice cream with Taylor so now she has decided that she likes him. Prior to the ice cream, she has cried every time he looked at her. I think that they will be friends now!

Scott thinks he is Kind of a Big Deal now that he got the big promotion at work, so my mom bought him the T-shirt to match mine for his birthday. Since it was his first Father's day, he decided to be a big deal that day!
For my two favorite Daddy's, I decided to bake a cake! It was my first attempt at doing the icing with the writing and borders. Mom came over to help me and I think it came out pretty good. I have big aspirations now of becoming a master cake decorator and making all of Taylor's birthday cakes! I am pretty pumped up about it and getting all kinds of ideas for her first birthday! So, if anyone needs a cake for something, I need lots of practice so let me know!


All in all it was a great day! It was a hot day, but we enjoyed being out on the lake and in the pool.


1 comment:

  1. Very cute cake! My mom's taking a class at Michael's right now and she says that it's awesome...maybe we should take that class together??? So far, I've made all the boys' cakes except Paul David's first one...I was so disappointed in the bakery cake that I decided to just do it myself! If your idea for Taylor's 1st birthday cake includes a number 1 cake pan, just let me know, and you can borrow it...or when she graduates 1st grade or turns 11...I'm sure I'll still have it:) Hope the weaning and sleeping are going better...I was going to call you this afternoon, but my phone died and is now on the charger! Maybe later this evening!

    ReplyDelete