Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Week with My Cousin Katie!



We loved having cousin Katie visit us for the week. Taylor had a playmate and since she is newly mobile, that was a huge help to me. Katie had her own little baby doll for the week and Taylor had someone to play with all week. We went to Nasa and the Health Museum and Taylor loved being around all of the people and the colors and lights!

I kept forgetting that Katie was just 10 and probably shouldn't be left alone with Taylor because she was so good with her and was always the first to get up the stairs to get Taylor when she cried (my legs and feet just don't move as fast as they used to!). One morning I had gone back to sleep after the 4 am feeding and woke up to footsteps above in the gameroom. I figured it was Katie waking up and watching TV and I turned on the baby monitor to see if Taylor was still asleep (I have taken to turning it off at night because if she really needs me I figure I will hear her without the monitor!) and the baby bed was empty! I figured that Katie had gotten her out of her bed and they were playing in the gameroom. I didn't really like Katie picking her up out of the bed by herself, but like I said, 10 year old legs are much faster than 32 year old legs! So I thought to myself that I better get up there and for a fleeting second I thought, "Katie's up there with her, they will be fine" and almost rolled over and went back to sleep, but my better judgement made me get my butt out of bed and go up there. It was a fun week, but I was pretty darn exhausted by the end of the week. Two kids are definitely more work than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment